Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Its about time....

Life has been busy for us lately....I'll let the pictures do the talking.

July-
DJs 5th birthday party - DJ had a pirate party and invited most of his friends...





Upshaw Family Reunion in San Antonio - We all met for a couple of days and had a great time playing ping pong, eating, and just hanging out. And of course DJ and Ben had a blast with their cousins.

Our hand built cart races

DJ went fishin' with grandpa

DJ with Lauryn and Jacen

Our Longhorn Family

The Upshaw 6 (not to be confused with the Oceanic 6)
All in our college alma mater shirts

Our Family as presently constituted

August -
Just trying to beat the heat of Dallas....we got a new dog, Hershey, a chocolate lab, and she has been a fun addition to our family, although she has destroyed our once lovely back yard.


DJ rockin' out...still won't forgive my parents for buying him that hat...

at the zoo...


DJ started kindergarten!! Needless to say it has been an adjustment to our family....mom and Ben miss him during the day, but he loves going and has already made friends.

September-
I took my annual fishing trip with my dad and brothers to Eagle Nest, NM. We caught our limit again this year, and cooked up some good rainbow trout. Good times.

From the fishing trip I flew to Sao Paulo, Brazil for work. I spent 2 days in Sao Paulo and 3 days in Rio de Janeiro. It was a great trip, other than the flights to and from, but on my last day in Rio I was able to get out and see some of the sights. Rio is absolutely beautiful...


Tiff was a trooper as I left her for 10 days with the 2 kids, and being 5 months pregnant.

On that note, we found out that Upshaw #3 is a girl!! Tiffany is due on January 16, and we're excited. This proves the theory that if, as an Upshaw, you have 3 kids, the 3rd should be a girl. She'll only be the 2nd granddaughter for Gma and Gpa Upshaw, compared to the 10 grandsons (including Dave and Ginger's twin boys), and the 3rd granddaughter (7th grandchild) to Gma and Gpa James.

2 comments:

fourballerinas said...

Hey guys, congrats on the girl. We love girls ( I guess that's obvious since we have 3). Your boys are sure cute. I loved all the sleeping positions. Hope all is well in your corner and that Tiffany is feeling well these last few months of pregnancy.
Audrey Cox

Joce said...

Congratulations on baby #3! We are so excited for you! It seems like yesterday that DJ was born, and now you will have three. Time flies. We miss you guys.